Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 50

So we are now in Mendoza, Argentina...Some will argue this as the Wine capitol of the world. I could agree. Its pretty cool here. Especially if you like wine. We are doing a wine and chocolate tour tomorrow, then its off to San Pedro De Atacama. We arrived safely in El Calafate and took a tour to the Perito Moreno glacier. One of the only glaciers that is still growing to this day. Hard to explain but it is magnificent. I never thought I could see shades of blue such as those in the ice. Only in the sky have I seen something this unnatural. After the glacier we took a bus to Puerto Natales, Chile. Puerto Natales is in the area known as Tierra Del Fuego or Land of Fire. We took a day trip through the Torres Del Paine national park. It was beautiful. Truly unspoilt beauty. Mountains, glaciers, multi-colored lakes, huanacos(llamas), rheas(ostrich), rabbits, foxes, condors,...amazing. The next day we decided to go horseback riding up a small mountain to get an overall view of the city and the fjords. This was the single worst experience of the trip. We got to the top of the fisrt of three peaks and the wind hit us like a truck. Icy cold wind blowing off the bay up the mountain. It only got worse as we moved along. We eventually made it to the top and made a small fire and ate lunch. On the way back down it started raining. So now we have 100mph winds with freezing rain. Great I forgot a hat. My entire body was soaking wet and my hair was starting to freeze to my head. I had to say fuck it. Hopped off my horse and ran the rest of the way back down the mountain. All that over and done with we got a flight to Santiago, spent the night and got a bus to Mendoza. Lets start this wine drinking.

1 comment:

nancynago said...

can we NOT drop F bombs on this blog please?